- On Windows we are familiar with Winrar or 7-Zip for compressing and decompressing files and folders.
- With Ubuntu in the operating system installation package, Ubuntu installs the default Archive Manager. Archive Manager has many utilities and supports many compressed file formats. But by default Archive Manager does not support formats like zip, rar ... because these formats are commercial and owned from a third party.
- Therefore, we have to install a small number of packages, so that Archive Manager can support file formats such as zip and rar.
- Open Terminal (Ctrl + Alt + T) and run the following command:
"sudo apt-get install p7zip-full p7zip-rar unrar-free"
- Manual compression and decompression of files and folders with Archive Manager: To compress the file, open the Archive Manager folder first.
- Then, drag the file or folder you want to compress into the Archive Manager window. Select Create Archive.
- Select compressed file format: zip, rar, tar or war ....
- Click Save to compress the file / folder.
- Unpacking, simpler. Just right click on the compressed file and select Extract Here.
That is complete.
for your work